The Director’s Office, designed by Walter Gropius in 1923, was part of the Bauhaus School in Weimar, Germany. As the founder and director of the Bauhaus, Gropius designed his office to reflect the innovative and functional design principles of the Bauhaus movement. The office was characterized by its clarity of form, the use of modern materials like steel and glass, and a focus on functionality. It featured a simple, yet elegant layout with custom-designed furniture, including a desk, chairs, and storage units that exemplified the Bauhaus philosophy of combining art, craftsmanship, and technology. The design of the Director’s Office was a physical manifestation of the ideas Gropius promoted at the Bauhaus: a fusion of aesthetic simplicity, practicality, and a departure from historical styles. This space not only served as a working area for Gropius but also as an inspiration for students and faculty, embodying the modernist ethos that the Bauhaus is celebrated for.
Printed on 310gsm Giclée Hahnemühle German Etching
- 30x45 cm (12x18 inches) is a limited edition of 100
- 40x60 cm (16x24 inches) is a limited edition of 50
- 50x75 cm (20x30 inches) is a limited edition of 25
For all limited editions a certificate of authenticity is included